Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Search Continues....

I've been searching realtor.com today searching for other options for our farming endeavor. I've even expanded the town search but so far there are very few places I like. Either I like the look of the house online and there's no land, or, there's land and a tiny house to go with it. Oye!
Thankfully I have plenty of time to search for " the perfect for us" homestead but it's frustrating a little at the same time. I honestly want to find a farmhouse on at least 5 acres of land.
I know we want to get a couple of pigs, a few chickens for eggs and some for meat, dairy goats, and I'm also looking into miniature cows. Anyone had any experience with the cows?? Eventually I want to add some turkeys to our farm but I know I'll need to take it slow at first!! I would love to raise animals for the purpose of feeding our family.
I plan on having a garden too! My mom, grandmother and Uncle are all Master Gardeners so I have great resources for getting started!! If my future garden is successful I need to have my cousin's teach me how to can veggies.
That's my hope and dream, Lord Willing, He'll have it become a reality for my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment