Monday, June 25, 2018

Gardening

I am beginning to harvest a few things from our garden.  The boys have been helping me weed as the rain we've been getting makes them pop out everywhere.
My strawberry patch is doing well. Ive noticed my plants are getting long shoots off them. It looks like my raised bed is full of plants now.
Last Thursday my oldest son, his girlfriend and I went to my grandmother's house then the 4 of us went to Stone Wall Farms to pick strawberries.  We ended up picking 56 quarts of strawberries. I did a lot of canning Thursday and Friday. We made Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam and Strawberry Jelly. Grammie also let me pick some of her oregano which is now sring and chives.  My herbs I planted arent soing that well so in the fall I will make sure I add stuff to the soil.
While weeding the garden I did notice I have around 4 cabbages growing and 10 varrots. Im disappointed in those. I plan on plantinf more carrots amd seeing if they will grow.
 My peppers and tomatoes all have blossoms. My pumpkin plants are really big as well.  Here are a few pics of the last few days.










No comments:

Post a Comment