Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Loving summer

My garden has grown so much in the past week!! Some of my plants I didn't think we're going to do well are surprising me. We have enjoyed a few more radishes since my last post. They are so delicious.
My chives have finally poked through the ground. The smell good already.  I'm hoping more come through now that I have weeded last weekend.
This week I have been baking. Last night we made a one pot pasta dish I saw on pinterest. Such a simple recipe but we had no left overs. :) Also to go with it I made 2 loaves of cinnamon bread. For dessert we had mint chocolate chip cookies.
This morning I am making homemade Cheese Danish. I have never made it before but am hopeful it will come out nicely.
We have 2 hummingbirds at the feeder now. The children and I have enjoyed sitting at the table watching them.
This weekend I will have to take the feeder down and refill it. We have not seen many birds at the bird feeders. We do a have gray squirrel that is enjoying eating out of one of them.
Time to hang the laundry out. I will post pics of the garden now as well as our hummingbirds in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment