Saturday, October 10, 2015

Bulbs are Planted

I planted Shirley tulips, purple tulips, red tulips, daffodils and crocus bulbs today. In the next couple of weeks I will be planting a piece of my great grandmother's Peony that my mom has. The only other thing I want to plant are some iris. I will have flowers planted in memory of my late grandmothers.  When I am able to get some of the peony I will go to my grandmothers house and get some of her forsythia. It will probably take a couple of years to grow enough to see them turn yellow in the spring buy I am very excited to have some plants that belong to my family.
In the spring my grandmother will be giving me some purple and white lilacs. The lilacs are from a bush at the farmhouse my mom grew up in and also we lived in for a couple of years growing up.
I weeded the annual flower bed in front of the house as well as the side one.
Hubby put a bedroom door up for the youngest 2 boys.
Husband has been busy framing in our 5th bedroom and putting the flooring in.
Here is looking from inside the room out. Our ladder to the attic will be within the new bedroom. Hubby is wiring new outlets. 
I will post some more pics as the bedroom is done more.


No comments:

Post a Comment