Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Poor chickens

I'm saddened to say our little flock of chickens are slowly dwindling down. We now have 3 girls left. The "runt" of the girls got trampled.
The other 3 girls seem to be doing good. I just wish they would start laying eggs!! They are not impressed being shut in their coop at night but the last 2 nights we have had a frost and I definitely do not want them getting too cold.
We are going to move their coop closer to the house for winter so I do not have as far to walk to feed them.
I believe next year we are going to make a barn out of pallets. We were going to make a chicken coop ouy of them but could not find any pallets. Of course now that we bought a little coop we have found quite a few pallets.
This weekend we begin building the 5th bedroom. I will be happy when that is finished and we are able to paint the entryway. Hopefully in the spring we will finish putting siding where the addition is.
I certainly do lover our home. Eventually we will out a covered porch on the back side of the house.  We want steps down to a patio where we would like an outdoor kitchen covered by a pergola.
Time for me to bring our son and daughter to school. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment