Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hardest part of Farming

Hardest part for me in farming is losing an animal. We lost another duck today.  After having my daughter show me how to get the meat off, we checked Denise (was named before we figured out she was actually a he) organs and I did not see any lesions on them. But we did notice the ribs cage was broken. I'd say cause of death was being trampled. I've never eaten duck before to my knowledge and put some of it in the freezer. I figured I might as well use what I can although with Aflac we didn't.  I just disposed of her body. At least I know now I can cull my own birds and it won't bother me as much as I thought.
Goats seem to be doing really well. I need to give Oreo a bath as he is pretty grubby. Oreo and Milkshake are slowly getting used to us.
Roo crowed for the first time this morning and of course I missed it. He hasn't crowed since. I'm sure the neighbors will really love it once he starts crowing more but oh well. He's a keeper.
I'm teaching myself to crochet. It looks more like ribbon right now. I'm hoping once it gets longer it will not be as rippled as it is now. I have a feeling I'm doing it wrong....Next time my aunt comes up I will have her tell me what I'm not doing correctly. I have so many different crocheted things I want to learn how to make. I need to take my mom's suggestion and start watching youtube
Tomorrow is ladies bible study. I should be able to go this week. I have missed the last 2 weeks and have missed it tremendously!
One of my friends from VA is coming up Saturday.  I'm very excited to see her. I really need to finish some projects I will be surprising her with before she heads back. Today I went thrift store shopping instead of working on the projects but tomorrow afternoon I will finish some of them.😌
It's late and I want to read some blogs before falling asleep.  Pictures to come soon!!  Night😪😪

No comments:

Post a Comment