Monday, April 24, 2017

Farmher

So I am so proud to say I have accomplished quite a few things myself at the farm. I was able to bring my baby chicks from the basement of our house to their new house outside. I even fixed their outside growing coop by MYSELF.


See my very happy little chicks?♡ The green wire is the new part I fixed on our growing coop.
I made a dust bath for my chickens out of DE. My youngest son helped me.
Also the HUGE manure pile on my garden is officially spread out and will be tilled in the soil next month.
We had our first broody hen today. She built a nest inside the dog house we have that we used for the ducks when they were smaller.
I ended up switching out her egg for a fake egg when she walked out and another chicken actually laid an egg in there.
My biggest gain today is my ducks laid their first egg today. Excuse the dirty eggs. My duck and hens like to hide them in a dirty part of the barn I can't reach.
Here is my beautiful duck egg cleaned up.
It's so nice getting eggs again. The kids get as excited as I do looking for them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment