Saturday, April 8, 2017

Signs of Spring

Today my middle son and I started mucking out the chicken coop. We got about 1/4 of it done and will wait until it warms up a little more this week. The chickens and ducks were so happy to be outside for awhile. My son was a little

grossed out I was mucking it out in sandals instead of my boots. I did not want to take the time to go switch shoes after dropping my teens off at the mall.
I will be sure to post a pic of a freshly clean barn once i get it done. I need to completely clean the perches and duck area as well. I need to figure out something better for their water as the ducks love muddying it up.
Here are some pics of the memory garden. My crocus are blossomed already. Now I just need to rake out the beds this week when it warms up.

I love the flowers coming up. It's a true sign of winter going away!! 
I also filled some of my 🐦 feeders today. I have 2 more out back to fill. Then next week I plan on changing the corn on the squirrel feeder.
I need to get back to watching Battle of the Badges in Hampden. 
Have a good evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment