Saturday, November 18, 2017

Heat is on and Homemade gifts

Finally turned the heat on this past week. We had days in the 20's. We had a dusting of snow but in other areas it has snowed more than here.
A friend of mine came over Thursday and after an hour figured out what was wrong with my sewing machine and fixed it!! I was able to make an apron out of my grandfather's handkerchiefs!! I also sewed a memory pillow out of my other grandfather's t-shirt. Next I am going to sew a memory bear.
I making my oldest son's girlfriend see themed homemade gifts. I can't wait to post pics but it will have to be after she has them. I can say most I have never made before.
We did have 3 ducks die last week due to being trampled. A hard life lesson to learn as one was my son's. 
I noticed this year our goats fur is a lot thicker. I still may buy them a pony blanket to wear as I worry about them being cold.
Tomorrow I am going to visit my grandmother and look at a farmhouse. Enjoy your evening and  I will post a pic of the Apron in another post along with some so-called glitter candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment