Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Canning

Today I am in the middle of canning 4 pints of peas. I was planning on blanching and freezing them, but I had a last minute mind change.
This weekend I plan on finish packing up my homeschool stuff for my cousin. This paat weekend she got half of the boxes I had packed awhile ago.
Once all that is done and the boxes are gone I will be organizing shelves with my craft stuff.
One book case down there will have all of my canned fruits, veggies and jams on it.
Later this morning my youngest 2 boys and I are headed up to the high school to see if the blackberries are ready to be picked. With those i will freeze a couple quarts and make jam out of the rest.
I plan on going to a place in Corinth to pick raspberries. I wish I knew of a place near here where they grow wild but I also dont mind supporting a local farmer.
We have around 8 pumpkins growing and I can not wait to can pumpkin pie from them.
Each morning I have been going outside to the garden and picking the tomato horn worms off my tomatoes and feeding them to my chickens.
I suppose, I need to watch the canner. After that I'm meeting a friend who grows her own Lavender as she is giving me a bunch.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment