Sunday, August 12, 2018

Visit and a little DIY

Saturday my parents stopped by for a quick visit on their way to Grammie's from GA. They gave the boys some fresh peaches. (I dont like peaches but all of my boys loved them) Thanks Mom❤❤

Tuesday I plan on going up and visiting them before they head back Wednesday.
Today I made dishwasher tablets for the first time and they worked really well!


I am so impressed that I made these. Silly as it sounds, I do not have to worry about running out and can even make some for gifts.
I plan on making laundry soap as soon as I get a covered pail big enough to mix it in. Thanks Mom for the recipe and explaining how to make it! 

Wednesday my blueberry order will be in so I will be busy making jam, pie mix and freezing some.
Im hoping this week a lot of my tomatoes ripen so I can begin canning sauces. I have a few that have ripened but not enough to begin canning.
Our pumpkins are turning orange! I plan on canning some pumpkin and making pumpkin pie over the colder months.
I have wanted to farm/homestead for years but I really didnt care about the self-sufficiency part of homesteading. I guess I never thought about how the two go hand in hand. My next big goal for myself is essential oils.
Enjoy your night and I will post pics of my laundry soap when I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment