Thursday, January 6, 2022

School of Hard Knocks

 I hope you are beginning to enjoy my vlog on YouTube. I'm hoping soon the nerves will fade away and an abundance of confidence takes its place!!

Today has been a day of learning and self reflection. I'm going to start having blog segments called "Candid Chats With Dee."  The weather here has been scrappy today ( Have you seen how many people are stranded on I95?? Granted I live on the very northern part of that Interstate) I had to go with my spouse into town to lick up our son from work, drop the spouse off at work then bring the son to an appointment. This momma was going to do some errands while they were busy. My son at home called to tell me Chamber guess is laying flat like she's about to die like Babe did. I tell him to video chat me so I can see. Sure enough, my girl was laying on her side legs straight out. My first thoughts were either bloat or she slipped on the ice coming  out of the barn and broke a leg.  With me giving directions over video they picked her up and put her back in the barn. 15 year old tells me she is super cold to touch but she isn't shivering. I had them put a blanket on her to warm her up. I messaged my niece who is studying to become a vet to see if she happened to be getting out of school. No such luck so I called Dr. Alexander through Exeter Veterinary Clinic and he could make an emergency call. I honestly didn't Cate the cost we would figure out a way to pay the bill.  So he treated her for worms and mineral deficiency. We have to separate her from all her friends for a month.  My boys moved her to the flock barn. We are letting the geese free range inside the barn while Hamberguesas stays in their home.  She's smaller than she should be which I had zero clue so hopefully with meds, double the food she will grow more.


I NEVER      EVER.    do research on animal breeds before I get them. I go by the cute factor/benefit factor. Yes I know I should as I have several homestead books but......I'm a learn as you go person. It may be irresponsible in some ways but  I certainly blogs all of them.


After most of the day passing by. Swearing.....near tears........ Wanting to throw my phone I have a simple domain name and website.  I have my first samples of product up that can be purchased. Www.wylddreamfarm.go daddy sites.com  take a look and give me feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment