Friday, January 8, 2016

'It's the Season...for Seed Catalogs

I have received a couple of seed catalogs this past week which I am so excited to start receiving! !
I have had fun the last few days thumbing through the pages and trying to figure out what I want to plant this year in our garden. I know I am doubling the size of our garden as I was unable to can much of anything. Hubby and I are going to try some dwarf trees this year as well.
I donated to the Arbor Day Foundation this year and should receive 10 free Colorado Blue Spruce trees to plant as well as 2 free Lilac bushes.
I'm also researching plans for a homemade small barn. I want half the barn to be a coop for the chickens and the other side for goats and a pig. Hubby keeps telling me no on a pig but, I'm telling him food for the winter months.  ðŸ˜„
We went to Hobby Lobby today as I was looking for shark themed stuff to finish decorating Dylan's room. (Did not find any) they do have lots of very cute chicken and farm items.  They also carry tins that I like to add to my cupboard doors in my kitchen but guess who couldn't remember how many cupboard doors needed a tin?
Hubby is refereeing tonight and I need to bring some boys back and forth to practices.
Have a great afternoon and Happy Homesteading! ♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment