Sunday, January 24, 2016

Not too great at homesteading

We have managed to lose another girl. (Chicken) I almost feel defeated but keep hoping the last 2 girls will make it to warmer weather. It saddens me that my tiny flock of 6 is now down to 2. This spring I'm hoping to add some more girls back to them and have hubby build us a better coop. Word to the wise prefab coops are not for Maine winters.
This week I need to finish hand sewing the boys girlfriends Valentine gifts. I decorated our tree for Valentine's Day and put my Gram's flag out.
I received a letter from the Arbor Day Foundation that my trees and lilacs will be here end of April beginning of May. They also sell other trees and plants at a fabulous price so we will be putting in an order the end of February. With this next order we get a free Red Maple Tree.
In the next couple of weeks I find out if I meet with the neurosurgeon to have surgery on my spine again.  We will see as this surgery may be more invasive.
I have managed to finish quite a few books in the last week. I have found reading on my kindle while hubby watches his shows in the evening gives me quite a chunk of time to devour books. I certainly do love to read!!
Hubby is snoring away and it's best I hit the hay before it's time to get the kiddos off to school. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment