Sunday, March 13, 2016

Busy Sunday

What a good weekend it has been. Friday and Saturday 6 of the kids and I visited my grandparents. Friday night I cooked supper for everyone and Saturday Grammie showed me how she starts her veggies and gave me some nice pointers on how to grow my vegetable garden this year. We planted 100 onion seeds as the ones I ordered take longer than hers. We will start tomatoes and peppers in a couple of weeks. Down here I plan on starting my broccoli and cauliflower.
Some of my fruit trees came saturday.
They are hiding in this package until my husband is able to plant them.
Saturday morning I had the honor of meeting Lisa @fresheggsdaily. It was nice chatting with her In person and getting some encouragement on our ducks and chicks.
Here are the 2 of us:
Today we have been busy around the homestead picking up trash that has accumulated through the winter. (2 full trash cans full)
We cleaned the chicken coop and added that to the compost pile. I will clean the babies cage tomorrow.
Also another son and I cut up the netting to our trampoline and placed it over the garden. Hopefully it will kill all the weeds.
The younest 2 boys and I managed to pick up all the clothespins that had fallen during the winter. We threw away the broken ones. We just needs some new clothesline rope to fix the clotheline. The rope we bought last year did not survive.
All 5 bird feeders are filled. Now we will need to replenish the bird seed.
I saw our first robins this afternoon. In the back yard. Our trees are getting buds on them. I am definitely happy to see signs of spring all around us.
I have 2 happy boys playing in the dirt with their trucks because it is so warm out.
Enjoy the rest

No comments:

Post a Comment