Monday, July 20, 2020

New to the Homestead

For my birthday today my family gifted me 2 bottle calves!! We added onto our barn and this week we are going to expand our fencing. They are twins, Babe (after Paul Bunyan's Babe the Blue Ox) and Clarabelle. (Yes of course it is a Disney name)

I am learning my flip-flops may not be the best suited shoe to wear while bottle feeding them as being stepped on rather hurts even though they are only a week old.

I enjoy watching them jump and prance around after they have eaten.








One thing I have learned is getting up earlier allows for me to get things done in a timely fashion. There really are enough hours in a day you just cant sleep in every day.🤣🤣
Although the first morning I got up really early feeding the cows I admit i took a nap that afternoon. Early to rise and early to bed it will be!!

We have lots of tomatoes growing in the garden. Later this evening when it is a tad bit cooler, (I wish we could just bottle up this heat and humidity then the temps are below freezing) I will be harvesting peas and Kale.
My pumpkins are doing amazingly. My herbs are absolutely loving the hot humid weather. Im already thinking ahead to next year's garden ;)


The Blue Swedish ducks, Penny and Bolt are adjusting great!! Penny likes to get into the pool with the other 3 ducks. Bolt just watches from afar or will seim when noone else is in the pool.

This week I discovered one of my hens outside is really a Mr. He has gorgeous tail feathers though.
This pic you can kind of see his tail feathers.

The Bantam chickens are still inside in one of the bedrooms we are getting ready to renovate. Hearing ine of them try to cockadoodle dopo is so funny.


Our Tractor Supply has Polish Bantams right now. Do you know how hard it is to just walk on by??!! I've behaved so far lol

Time for me to finish getting stuff done around the house. 

💜Enjoy your day💜



No comments:

Post a Comment