Monday, December 27, 2021

Farm activities in the works for 2022

I spent over half of the day figuring out what permits/licenses I need for our farm to earn income.

By Feb 1st I should have my permit for the farm store!!! We can be a part of Agritourism and have a petting farm!! Dept of Agriculture will be sending me free signs to post here at the farm for human safety as well as animal safety!

I also found out today that I have relatively been buying illegal goats. I had no idea all sheep and goats must have tags if you sell them. So I am starting the steps to comply with that as it is a federal regulation through the USDA. They need it to combat Scrapie. Cows and pigs do not need the rags unless state lines are crossed.





Here is a pic of all 3 piggies. They are fattening up nicely!



This water pump has to be one of my favorite accessories here on the farm. No matter how cold it gets I always am amble to get fresh water near the barn instead of using the kitchen faucet. I'm hoping to eventually get one like this near the other barn. I use the faucet on the side of the house but if it is in the teens or below the know tends to freeze. 

Penelope is doing really well with her momma Ariel. She's starting to bounce around and head butting her mom to play.

 I am keeping an eye on Cecilia to see when she will be going into labor with hers. I have a feeling she may be having twins this year. 

Time to get the puppies to settle down for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment