Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11/01

Where were you 13 years ago??
I was on my way to my grandparents house 2 weeks away from having my 3rd son. We had stopped by a little mom and pop store to get drinks and snacks for my little boys. Dh had rushed into the car telling me the news. I remember watching tv with my grandparents for a couple of hours completely in shock.
When we got home that night we found out one of hubby's cousins was in the Pentagon when that got hit as well. Thankfully she was alright.
As well as remembering all those whose lives were lost, today is a special day for me. It's the anniversary of my hubby's and I first date. 19 years we have been together.
Take a moment to reflect at how far people have come in 13 years and the families who were left with a hole on their hearts.
I'm thankful for our military who lives their lives to protect us. Those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Yes we do not have a perfect country but I'm thankful for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment