Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Much Needed Rain

Even though the kiddos are trapped inside today I'm thankful for the rain my garden desperately needed.  My silly girls are out in their run even though it is raining digging in the dirt. They getting so big.  Every day we check for eggs but so far there aren't any.
I am thoroughly enjoying them. As soon as they hear me pull into the driveway or see me stepping outside they start chattering away. Hubby and I will be building them a coop next month as the cage we have for them now will be too cold during the winter months. Tomorrow we will pick some more zucchini and peas. I'm hoping next week we will have some beans ready although my mom and grandmother have some beans for me where they have an abundance of beans.
We spotted another little carrot yesterday. 
It's so exciting seeing a little orange peaking out of the ground.
Here are some pics of my cukes. 


Here is my grandmother's owl overlooking my garden now. :)
We are having some beef stew for supper tonight and some homemade zucchini bread. Yum!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment