Sunday, August 16, 2015

Refreshing weekend

What a great weekend we have had. Yesterday I spent the bulk of my day with my youngest brother and family.  My sil was sweet and gave me her zucchini she was not going to eat. I still need to make zucchini bread for the kids. I also have a couple of other recipes I want to try using sausage and zucchini.
We went to where my hubby was umpiring and visited with him. My other brother came over to visit us as well.
 Today I have caught up on housework.
Hubby and I had a date night in where he just got home.
Tomorrow our high school sports begin with their double sessions. Hard to believe 3 of my children will be doing them this year. I also need to have my oldest son have his senior pictures done!!! My how time flies.
This week I will be getting ready for my last year of homeschooling.  I'm looking forward to this year.  Now that life is a little more settled maybe we can have the best year ever!
3 of my hens escaped from their run today.  My boys came running in telling me they were out. Sure enough 3 of the naughty girls were by my mailbox. As soon as I opened the door 2 came running towards me. It was time to feed them anyway. They were good and followed me right back to their coop. The boys moved the coop so they can't escape again. I am thoroughly amazed how the girls came right to me when I called to them. Next month we will be building them a big coop to have for the winter.
I blanched beans for the first time tonight to freeze the green and yelow beans my mom and grandmother gave to me. I was able to freeze 7 qts. I must admit preserving our own food has been such and enjoyable journey.  Just something about this way of life is so soothing and relaxing.
Have a good rest of your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment