Monday, December 19, 2016

Brrr

It's amazing how much of the US is in a deep freeze right now.  It has been below zero often. I feel bad for all of my outdoor critters. I want to bring them all inside but the dogs and cat would bother them too much. (I'm a big softie)
I've been trying to find baby doll sheep breeders in Maine but have had no luck yet. The closest breeder is in Mass. But I will have a few more months to keep searching.
We will be raising pigs in the spring for meat for my family. I'm on a few homesteading pages on Facebook and have enjoyed seeing people's posts of their full freezers of farm raised meat. Hubby thinks he would have a hard time eating it, but I think I would be ok as long as someone else butchered it. Plus I know the meat I raise will be from an animal well taken care of.
Tomorrow we are putting our tree up and after school my kiddos will be decorating it. I have been lax about putting it up this year for some reason.
I plan on making some special treas for all of our critters for Christmas. I also need to make some homemade dog treats. Tomorrow I also need to clean the beta fish tank. His tank gets dirty quickly. Then after that the holiday baking will begin.
Hope you are staying warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment