Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Thankful for warmer temps

Today I had to bring one of my roosters inside as he got into a scuffle with the other rooster. This is the first time they have actually squabbled with one another.
I learned a tip of putting vaseline on their combs for colder weather.  It helps prevent frost bite.  Also I learned put a 20 ounce soda bottle filled with salt water in the chickens and goats water dishes helps them not freeze as bad. Homesteading groups online have been great!
This weekend I plan on getting a couple more bales of hay for the barn so the animals feel a little warmer. My poor goats were shivering a little tonight when I fed them.
Here are some photos of poor Popcorn. He's being nursed in my bathroom. (Hopefully he doesn't start crowing at daylight)





No comments:

Post a Comment