Monday, December 26, 2016

Anyone else getting excited for 2017??

Now that the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over I have been slowly writing down all the ideas I want to improve our little homestead. Hubbs and I are trying to decide if we will keep the homestead where we are currently located or if we are going to find a little place with 5-10 acres minimum to expand it.
I have started receiving more seed catalogs in the mail and am writing in my Farm Journal everything I want to plant then I will make a final decision of what exactly I am going to plant. I have 2 new Gurney's Cat a logs and a Burpee one. I also have been receiving livestock catalogs. I'm trying to decide what we want for fencing for ou goats and pigs when we add them to the farm.  I am looking forward to raising our own meat. I know it will not be an easy endeavor but, I'm up for the challenge.
I received my first Farm Magazine in the mail this past week.  I received my copy of Hobby Farm. I'm looking forward to reading it cover to cover this week while the kids are on Vacation.
I'm also going to read Country Sampler.  That subscription is almost done so I will end up renewing that in the next couple of months!!
I am teaching myself to crochet dishcloths.  YouTube will come my go to friend of learning. I made one that was ok but not quite even. The second one I made last night had one side even and the second side had a little bit of a wave to it.  I am completely determined to learn. Once I get that maybe I can get the hang of knitting!
Time to fix lunch for the fam and give the animals a little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment