Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cold Weather is coming

It's been chilly here and we have had our first snow although now it has melted.
I found my absolute dream home online today. It would need a little bit of updating to fit my family but it's a 4 br 1 ba farmhouse on 110 acres of land with a barn, silo and established gardening area. Another bonus is it is beside my cousin who loves farming as much as I do. Sometime in the future I really want to sell this place andbuy something that has more land.
I sold my first 2 dozen of eggs this past week but the girls have started slowing down laying. I do not think they are very impressed with the colder weather .
I am making some Christmas gifts this year and will post pics of them after Christmas so I don't ruin my family's surprise!
This week I lost 2 people I loved .  When you are  a child you don't realize how much losing people affects you like it does as an adult. I'm very thankful for the memories I have of both people. Also my parents had an answer to prayer and their house officially closes this week. I'm happy for my parents ♡♡
I put my grandfather's radio he had in his garage in my kitchen and it's turned on our local radio station that plays continuous Christmas music. It's sweet hearing the kids sing along while they are doing something in the kitchen .
I starting putting up some if my grandparents Christmas decorations that I picked up from their house while finishing cleaning it out this summer.  I have a long ways to go to decorate but I enjoy decorating with their decorations as well as one of my friends decorations that she gave to me before she moved to FL.
I bought a magnetic penguin decorating set as my mom really loves penguins. there may be thousands of miles between us, but I always feel closer to mom with penguins and when I see owls I think of dad.
Tomorrow I need to find my grandmother's wreaths to put on our door and think I'm going to put some on our barn 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment