Monday, April 6, 2020

Lights off

Today begins periods of time where the heat lamps are shut off so they adapt to normal temps.
The chicks are looking a little rough where they are getting their adult feathers. They look a little ragged and somewhat curly.


I cant believe how big the ducks and turkeys are. Gobble is growing a lot bigger than gravy so I'm wondering if I have a male and a female turkey. 2 of the ducks have paired off and the other duck we are calling the chicken whisperer. He makes sure they all behave.

We fill their water containers several times a day as the ducks really love trying to swim in their dish.

The goats are doing really well in their fenced in area. I'm thankful how deep the posts have to be in the ground as they like to rub up against them. When the ground is softer we are going to put a post in the ground for their scratching post and maybe attach some brushes to it so they can scratch till their heart is content. 


Later today I will post a little blurb about the seeds I'm starting. Better late than never I guess!!
Enjoy your morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment