Friday, January 1, 2021

We Made it to 2021




Happy New Year!!!! We made it to 2021. 
I'm not one to typically set Resolutions as I hardly ever keep them. This year I have decided to really do some self reflecting. What needs to be changed about me?? 
What do I want improved about my homestead? What can I do to be more organized? What am I going to do with some of my goals that have been reached?? What plans do I have for this blog?

What are some of your self reflections this year? The new year is a huge fresh beginning. Some people choose a word or a phrase to focus on for the year.  Mine is Happiness and Joy. 
It is choosing to put myself in a positive mindset.  To be more optimistic. 
We aren't perfect as humans. Life knocks us down flat. My cousin who was looking forward to the new year had her husband unexpectedly fighting for his life. He's still in the hospital but he is making small gaines of improvement.
We have began having family fun nights. We really enjoy Uno. We have Uno, Dos, Uno flip, Skipbo. The boys also love playing battleship together. I also like the game Clue. What are some of your favorite games?

The weather was beautiful here today. Mostly sunny and 34F. It has cooled off to 28F right now. We have the wood furnace going. There is nothing like the smell of a wood stove. The pellet stove kicks in when the Wood stove is at a lower temp.

Best investment for families that I have found works for my family. I have an Echo Show 5 in the kitchen and 2 of the boys have an Echo Dot. I do need to get 2 more echo dots.  One for Dom's bedroom and one for the basement. You just announce whatever you need them to do or you can call their echo dots. (Drop-In) Saves some hollering to get their attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment