Monday, January 9, 2017

Quick update

This week I will be finalizing my seed order and hopefully have them ordered by the end of the month. I need to get a few things picked up in the bathroom so I can start whatever needs to be started from seed.
I need to figure out what we want to order for meat chickens to raise and what to add to our flock of laying hens. I would like to add a variety of colored eggs.
I also need to finish up researching different small breeds of sheep then, figure out where we can buy some.  The sheep I really want I can't seem to find in Maine.
Friday, I need to buy some more bird seed for the feeders. I just realized today we are completely out.  I want to add a corn feeder for the squirrels.
We found a second hand kitchenaid mixer through one of the Facebook sell groups. It didn't come with a bowl to it but my Pampered chef Stainless steel bowl fits perfectly in it.
I'm hoping for my birthday this summer to get a pasta attachment for it so we can start making our own pasta!! Amazon has pretty cheap parts for it.
The temps here have dipped below zero again. I don't mind temps in the 20s but windchill in the negative numbers are too cold!! We plan on having more oil delivered Friday so we do not worry about getting low.
Tomorrow my oldest son heads back to VT to his girlfriend's family before college starts. Time goes by too quickly when he is home. He was able to get his tattoo while he was home (his Christmas Present).

Time to make some biscuits to go with the left over beef stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment