Monday, January 30, 2017

Spring project planning

Some major planning is being done for the garm. I'm very excited to share them with you.

  • Turning our broken hot tub into a pond for the ducks.
  • Livestock fencing 
  • Poultry rUn with herbs
  • Raised beds added to garden
  • Renovating our old apple trees.
I've been reading and writing in my Farm Journal how to do these projects. I will be sure to take pics once we get going on them.  We plan on putting some fencing around the poND area for the ducks to protect them from the wild life.

My seed order is finalized. Next month we will order them. I'm buying from 2 Maine companies this year. 

More snow heading our way. Only a couple more months of cruddy cold then it should start warming up!!

Tomorrow I an making hone made bread and chili. I'm thinking of taking a couple of hours and doing 2 weeks worth of meal planning. I am hoping to make more efficient grocery shopping decisions. Possibly buying some staples in bulk and finding appropriate containers to store them in.

I've almost completed one month of homestead skill of the month.  We learned about preparedness and planning for the month of January. February will be cooking from scratch. It's been a great coarse!

I have a friend that is going to start teaching me about essential oils. I'm waiting for her letter to come this week.

Lots of planning going on here but still loving seeing this dream slowly come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment