Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Stormy Weather coming

We have some wintery weather going on. A dusting to 2 inches. (My mind is focusing on spring instead.) I got a few more seed catalogs in the mail.  So while everyone is gone tomorow I will finish deciding my 2017 garden. I found a small greenhouse at Big Lots in Farmington I have my eye on.  I would like to add a small one to the homestead. Does anyone have much experience with small greenhouses?
My goal to finish this evening is to pick 2 or 3 homemaking/homesteading groups I want to be active in and get rid of the rest. I signed of for a homesteading skills group today. I had no idea one of the women in charge is Carla Emery's daughter. Its so amazing who you can meet online nowadays. I get to learn a new skill a month for the next year.
I'm hoping this summer to get together with my cousin and have her show me how to make my own candles.   She is a great homesteader. My husband actually met someone at basketball who knew her before she got married because she sold them a special canned squash item.  (Dani what is this famous recipe of yours??)
My son is back in VT and I miss him already.  I plan on attending the Mother Earth News Fair in VT this summer. I can attend that and Visit my son and his girlfriend at the same time. Plus I love seeing all of the farms in VT. We are going to go tou Cabot Creamery, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory and I want to bring hubbs to Ben&Jerry's.  I'm determined to drive up Mt Washington this summer too!!
Hope everyone is having a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment