Friday, March 20, 2020

Baby Chicks

From Aubuchon's yesterday we purchased 5 Longhorns, 4 barred rock and 4 red stars. 2 of the leghorn did not make it. (Last time I bought Leghorns they didnt make it.)
Today we got 2 turkeys,  3 ducks, 4 Rhode island reds, 2 Wyandottes and 2 Araucana chickens.  I love the variety in color of the eggs.
We have a nice brooder that all the guys helped build based off the brooder they have a Aubuchon's.
We have 2 heat lamps with all of our babies in there.

The boys have all enjoyed watching them interact together. I get random videos of what they are doing from the boys.
I bought most of the seeds I want to plant in the garden this spring. I will start onion this weekend as well as tomatoes and herbs. I'm looking forward to having a garden this year!!  Our fruit trees are budding. I'm thankful they didnt winterkill.
All of the pallets used as goat fencing have been torn down and the new fencing will be going up.
With everyone home due to Covid-19 a lot of projects put off are getting accomplished. After the fencing is placed we need to reorganize our basement. It is mainly used as a storage shed.  It will feel nice having my home organized.
School all over Maine are closed until April 27th. The boys have done well this week. Im thankful for remote learning to attempt to keep the boys on a routine. Dylan starts his remote college classes next week.
Have a great evening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment