Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Fun Reads

I have a little treasure that I will end up sharing with some of the women I've met online in a Vintage Housewife group. I love reading anything about prairie life as the west was settled through books about life through the 50's.
Here is a photo of my little treasure:
These are 4 journals from 1945, 1954, 1957 and 1972 by a woman who farmed in Ohio. It is a record of the weather/temperature each day, who she visited or went to see her. A couple people she has mentioned that have passed away you can read a little about them online. (Kinda creepy I know, yet it really fascinates me)

I know some of my family journal and hopefully someday I am able to read them just as a different perspective on life and how life was lived.

Grammie mentioned to me when she first got married the houses they lived in didnt have indoor plumbing. She has also stayed in places that used gas lights instead of electricity.

I must admit I am one who likes seeing how people live off grid but dont know if I could live without some modern conveniences. I could do solar/wind power but would not be able to have no internet.

With the Covid-19 restrictions I am cooking more again and tomorrow will be baking. I enjoy my routine but still feel a little stressed with normal routines broken. I'm making the best out of life as it is right now and am going to cuddle with all 3 dogs and read.


P.s. Oreo and Cecilia were not thrilled with the 7 inches of snow we got overnight. The only came out of the barn a few times today.

No comments:

Post a Comment